Friday, February 6, 2009

The Love of Life

I created this site over a year ago, so that my family could see the poems that I write, they seem to like them. But i've decided to start blogging. I feel like I have so much I could talk about, that my mind is just overwhelmed and bogged down in thought.

The past few years of my life have changed me dramatically, and sometimes I think its for the best. But other times I wonder if it really is? Do you ever have those weeks when you just want to stay in the bed, with the covers over your head until the storm passes over? This is one of those weeks for me.
I've been doing my "lifestyle change" now for a little over 3 weeks. Well, I drilled it into my head at the beginning of the year. I refuse to call it dieting, because me and that word butt heads. And I refuse to call this a new years resolution, because that just makes me feel like I don't have the strength to do it myself. Anyway, I'm working with a personal trainer two times a week, and i'm trying to do all I can to eat like I'm supposed too, but the weight is just not coming off like I want it too. I know, be patient. I know, it doesn't happen over night. I know, I need to keep my spirits up. But I also know what the doctors said. I also know how frustrating it has been for me. As someone with pre-diabeties and PCOS, it will be extremely difficult for me, just not impossible. And don't think I just started dieting for the first time ever this year, i've juggled with my weight for going on 10 years, my first Weight Watchers meeting was when I was 11 years old.

So, I've decided to start writing about my experience, so I can see myself progress, so you can see me progress. And I'm just praying, God gives me the strength to overcome this trial in my life, and just become healthy if nothing else.

No comments: